GROUP FITNESS TIMETABLE
All bookings must be made through the BlueFit Health Club app which you can download by clicking the link below. Classes will be available to book 1 week before the scheduled time. We will continue to review the timetable each week and adjust it based on demand.
- Download the app here
- Open the app
- Scroll down to find the timetable tile
- Select ‘See all’ to view the daily schedule
- You can click on the class image to find out more about the session.
- Click ‘Book’ beside your desired class to book straight in
- To cancel your booking, click “delete booking”
- Once you have booked into your class you will be be sent a reminder prior to the class so ensure to have your push notifications turned on.
We are excited to finally announce the re-opening of the Health Club at Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre!
Following recent announcements made by the state government, the health club will now re-open Monday 25th May but with strict health and hygiene measures in place.
- Group fitness and small group training sessions only.
- The gym will not be available for individual training but you can access our small group training sessions conducted on the gym floor.
- Attendance must be booked online via the BlueFit Training App.
- You must train with a towel and wipe down equipment after use.
- Changing room facilities, water fountains and lockers will be closed.
- Aquatic facilities remain closed.
- Strict social distancing & hygiene measures must be adhered to.
- All bookings must be made through the BlueFit Training app which you can download by clicking the link below. Classes will be available to book 24 hours before the scheduled time. We will continue to review the timetable each week and adjust it based on demand.
The facility will be available for Health Club members only for the time being. When you book into a session we will reactivate your membership, incorporating the days you had already paid for from the last debit. If you do not wish to return right now, we will continue to keep your membership on hold.
We understand many will be disappointed that we have not opened the aquatic facilities. At the present time, based on the current restrictions in place, the utility and environmental costs involved in heating such large bodies of water can not be justified. We will provide updates as restrictions continue to ease and look to open the aquatic area during the next round stage of changes to restrictions.
We believe leisure facilities play an important role in the health and wellbeing of the community, so we encourage you to start the cautious process of returning back to what you love!